Very low-fat and perfectly vegan vegetable stew made by my mom. She added all the young veggies but you can use any fresh/frozen you have in stock. Those tiny carrots I collected in the garden, they were so charming:) Enjoy!:)
- 3 small onions, chopped fine
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped fine
- 1 large courgette/zucchini
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and chopped /handful of tiny young carrots
- 2 cups fresh peas
- 300 g potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 to 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups vegetable broth/water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 3 cardamom pods, crushed or kept whole (optional)
Heat the olive oil in a heavy pan. Stir in chopped onion, garlic, potato and courgette/zucchini and sauté about 4-5 minutes over medium heat until the onion is translucent.
Transfer the veggies to the pot. Add carrots, peas, salt, pepper, paprika, cardamom. Pour in vegetable broth/water to cover the veggies. Turn the heat up to boil. Once it’s boiling, turn down the heat to low. Sauté until the veggies are nice and soft, about 15-20 minutes. Garnish with basil and sesame. Serve!